Friday, August 26, 2011

Snog, Date, Dump

Well now that I'm back to work and have 3 1/2 hrs a day to sit at a computer and not be on facebook or youtube, I have plenty of time in the world to blog away!

Speaking of having all the time in the world, I propose a rhetorical question: 
How do you fill your free time when it's late at night and there's nothing to do?

I have these friends and they are wonderful and beautiful and simply charming to be around

 
Amy Sian-Amy Rachel Kylie


The four of these girls are roommates and reign from the exotic worlds of San Jose, London, London, and Kylie is from Lindon (but that's ok).  Well last night I made my way over to their not-so-humble abode (it's a fantastic apartment that I have been known to covet) and played some good 'ol catch-up after a whirlwind of a summer.  Now mind you, it was late at night and after  a bag of English sweets (not candy... their sweets) provided oh so generously by Rachel and postponing a classic Heath Ledger movie (much to the dismay of Kylie) we began a favorite time-passer: Snog, Date, Dump (it's so good that we even got Amy's boyfriend, Matt, of whom I approve greatly, to join in.

Snog, Date, Dump is a game that I'm assuming is probably a favorite among pre-teen girl slumber parties, yet is more enticing than I would care to admit *if there were a smiley icon for biting your lip/loosening your collar, it would be inserted here.  Basically, the premise of the game is that the participant is presented with three options -usually celebrities- and must decide which one he or she would snog (that's make-out in British for all you uncultured people), date, and dump.  The game works best when you know the person extremely well and they have to make the life-altering decision of whom they must dump... if you make it too easy then the fulfillment of watching your friend struggle internally is void, thus the whole thing is in vain.

Well, it was really too easy to make these girls sweat and panic over whom they would release from their grasp (like it was ever really in reach to begin with), but they really struggled to make me cry out in agony over this fate-making choice.  but finally... fiiiiiiiiinaly!!! they got me to wave my fist in the air screaming, "WHYYYY!?!?!?"

Emma Watson          Amanda Seyfried          Dianna Agron

Oh! the agony over the process of choosing between them!  Ok, so I'm not thaaat obsessed that agony is the true sentiment, but it was still a difficult decision.  The verdict you ask (like you're really that interested)? 
Snog: Amanda  Date: Emma  Dump: Dianna
Dianna, forgive me, but what's done is done. In my defense, though!... Kylie, oh Kylie... the same Kylie who has dedicated several posts on her blog http://kylieiswriting.blogspot.com/ to Ryan Gossling, decided to dump him when faced with Matt Damon and Ryan Reynolds.

So in response to the previous question, "How do you spend your free time?"  I suppose I might say that I fill my free time judging people I've never met by discussing with friends the imaginary relationships that we'll never have.


3 comments:

  1. you know, i'm going to write dianna and tell her the outcome. she'll be crushed, i'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad about Kylie dumping Ryan. But I would do the same, I think, if I was in her shoes... WWWHHHYYY?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...would've dumped Matt. Oh well. Where do you work?

    ReplyDelete