Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Check Yes Juliet, Are You With Me?


Last night, I got to see a friend--a very good friend indeed. Her name is Juliet, but for the next 18 months, she will be known as Hermana Hansen.

Juliet and me on the night before her first steps into the MTC as a full-fledged sister missionary

Juliet is going to be serving as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the CA, San Fernando Mission!  She's going to be speaking Spanish, which is totally awesome because I did too.  In fact, it's kind of like she is mirroring my mission experience.  Juliet is from TN, serving Spanish-speaking in CA, and I am from CA and served my mission in TN, Spanish-speaking.  I am so so so excited for her because she is going to have the time of her life, but sad to see her leave at the same time because, quite frankly, I'll miss her! 

Juliet and I have been friends since February 14, 2010, when I went over to the apt that she was living in and had a "singles awareness night" with her and her roommates.  That apt and I immediately bonded (if you haven't noticed, there are plenty of posts of me with those girls - Wallis, Kylie, Rachel, and Sian-Amy) and we've been friends ever since; however, I was closest to Juliet.  That being said, it was a very sad day when she graduated and returned home to Tennessee last December. 

Last night though, we were reunited for a brief few hours over never-ending pasta bowls at Olive Garden and lounging around at a friend's apartment.  We, along with a select few other friends, talked and laughed, and had a swell old time.  From the night, more than just a good time with an old friend, I saw that my friend is ready to serve the Lord and is going to be a fantastic missionary. 

I'll miss Juliet, but I wish her all the best and know that she will do wonders in the San Fernando mission and will have the time of her life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment