Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Flashback--And I Say HEY!

And I say, "Hey! What a wonderful kind of day!  Where we can learn to work and play, and get along with each other."


What person that grew up in the 90's doesn't remember everyone's favorite aardvark!?  Arthur was the quintessential good tv show of that generation.  My sister Emily and I would come home and watch this, along with other great KPBS shows like Zoom, The Magic Schoolbus, and Wishbone, but I think that Arthur may have been the favorite.  I especially loved the ending of every opening credit when DW would yell at Arthur in the TV and he fell off his magical floating circle.  The theme song is also one of those songs that if you start singing, everyone else around you will join--singing every single word along with you.  Go ahead! give it a try... start singing the song when you're in a group of friends, and I guarantee that everyone will start singing with you.

Anyway, Happy Friday everyone!  Don't do anything I would do :)

Oh! and happy birthday to my dad too!  He's a whopping 48 now, and as studly as ever!


3 comments:

  1. Cameron, this made me extremely happy :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Arthur! Wishbone also tops my list. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could choose a favorite tv show from that part of my life. I relished every Magic School Bus, and was fascinated with the actual science in Zoom! I could watch Wishbone for hours too. Arthur might barely be last on my list for those, but it was good for the times! Don't tell anyone, but I still get to see it every now and then!

    ReplyDelete