Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's My Birthday and I'll Cry if I Want To!

Ok, so this post should have been written a week ago, but other things have taken precedence.  Let me just say that I have some amazing friends.  Last Friday was my birthday (23, thank you very much!) and even though it was going to be a terrible day filled with studying and 2 midterms, they made it great!

I woke up to the smell of bacon coming from upstairs and as I exited my room, i ran into a hanging shiny spiral birthday decoration thingy that scared the bajeezees out of me!  Anyway, I hopped in the shower and was greeted by a singing trio as I got out.  They said that breakfast was ready, to which I replied, "ok, well I'm gonna go get some clothes on so that I'm not eating neked."

On top of making an AMAZING breakfast and decorating our apartment, those guys went out and got me a present!  (also, their moms would be proud because they even got tissue paper for the bag)

Me with straight-out-of-the-shower hair... not so attractive


Bless their hearts... see that cupcake cardboard cutout in the middle... Jake said that it took Jim and him about 20 minutes to figure out how to put it together (I'm sure that that was an exaggeration, but I appreciate it all the same).

Morning Jim and Kyle... it was definitely early.
 So roommates get a big hoorah for being so dang awesome!  So breakfast was a fantastic surprise, but to make it even better, I got to my car and found this...



SOOOOO MANY BALLOONS!!!
Wallis and Tara surprised me by filling my car with balloons and a great sign and cupcakes.  Unfortunately, I was already running late for work, so I had to drive with my car filled with balloons.  It did make for quite dangerous driving, but don't worry, Mom, I'm still ok!  Now it was quite a warm day and because I was on campus for the entirety of it, I returned to my car to find the plate with the cupcakes sitting in a pool of the frosting that had melted off.  It's perfectly fine though, it all goes out the same anyway, right!?

So I get home and it's about 10:00 p.m., and I walk up to my door to find this...


I walked into the door and found pink power ranger heads all over my apartment and the sign that says Happy Birthday Cameron!

 There was no note or anything of that nature, but I knew it must have been someone who had read my blog that day because it was the post about the Pink Ranger.  The masks were really good, so I knew it must be a girl... I later found out that it was Becky and her roommate Giulia.  I was most impressed with how much effort went into the whole pink ranger attack.

So.  Even though it was rough that I had to take exams galore (that, of course, I failed miserably!), I have some most amazing friends that love me very much.  I am so grateful for them.... this really is starting out to be a blessing-filled semester.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad this was a happy post and not a post about you actually crying on your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were a week late on this post because I was so sad thinking that I ran into you on your actual birthday and didn't even give you birthday wishes. Happy belated birthday.

    Love this song. Lucky I'm in love with my best friend. Such a good song. All your music on your player is totally rad. :)

    ReplyDelete